Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nadal...Need I Say More?


Let me start by saying this: Rafeal Nadal is the greatest thing to happen to tennis. He has officially stated his position to every tennis player on the tour to why he is the best tennis player in the world. Nadal won his first major on hard surface after it was dominated by Roger Federer for many, many years.

Fresh off of a 5 hour 14 minute match in the semi-finals win over Fernando Verdasco, many speculated how Nadal would hold up in the finals. But truth of the matter is, he is Rafeal Nadal, world's number 1 tennis player.

Nadal beat Federer 7-5, 3-6, 7-6 (3), 3-6, 6-2 in a nearly four-and-a-half hour match. It lasted well past midnight locally into a simmering Monday morning in this southeast Australian metropolis.

I stayed up to watch this match until I ended up falling asleep in the middle of the third set. I was happy I was able to watch some of the math. I was so similar to their Wimbledon finals only a season ago. They were both brilliant. When these players are done playing, this match up will be on the the greatest rivalries in sports history. They are a joy to watch, and I cannot wait to keep watching in the future, especially this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! A1 Web Links -